The Satirist Submissions
Since 1999, millions of readers and web crawlers have read The Satirist. The Satirist features original works of satire, parody, and “fake news”, fiction and poems, as well as book reviews, movie reviews and essays. Articles in “The Satirist” are referenced in books, academic journals, and online publications, including The Guardian, The Atlantic, The Learning Channel, Grantland, Wikipedia, and the National Review, among many others. The Satirist Submissions are as follows:
- Please include the title of your piece in the email subject line. A funny title has a better chance to attract attention–from editors and from online readers. Craft the best title that you possibly can.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a query and/or a completed work. You should receive an automated reply confirming receipt.
- Send MS-Word, HTML email, or PDF.
- Please do not send something already published anywhere online, including your own blog.
- There is no fixed word limitation or maximum word count.
- For fiction submissions, longer, more developed pieces are preferable to “flash fiction.”